a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

a mom's chronicle - my preschooler



It seems like only yesterday when I was still cradling you in my arms and now you're off to your first day of school. It was like any other day for you but maybe a bit more special because there are lots of kids to play with and so much toys.

When the time came to say goodbye, I was teary-eyed because here is another milestone for you towards your independence. For as we nurture you from birth and every day of your tiny life, we do not own you as echoed by Khalil Gibran in his book the Prophete...



...Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you...


And so my child, once more I loosen a tie that binds us together again so that you can explore life and live life for as much as you want. For it is only with unconditional love that you are forever free and so should you be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home