a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Monday, April 24, 2006

wedding fever

it started last friday coz my wedding planner, lynn, did the initial downpayment for some of my suppliers for the wedding. it's a good thing that she was there coz I don't know whom I can turn to in order to organise this event as well as I could.

oh yeah! for those who are not aware yet, my hubby and i are tying the knot in the church on december 30. this long-awaited wedding (as in 3 years almost in the making) is finally happening come hell or high water! this is it! no turning back! and I'm slowly feeling the gravity as it pulls me on this roller-coaster ride. i'm joining hundreds and thousands of bride getting nervous and harassed just be thinking of how the hell to organise this thing. plus the added fact that i'm really far away from the location of the wedding. thank goodness to e-mails and the internet, i'm getting there though. and extra help like relatives and lynn.

for the moment, i've booked the church (St. James the Great, Alabang), the videographer (Buddy Gancenia) and his wife, my florist (Cathy Gancenia) and the photographer (Rene Gaviola). They've just done the wedding of my friend Babylove and I just love, love, love their work. Sana ganon din sa akin!! hehehe.

Ideas are certainly brewing and simmering that's why its also boiling over now on this blog. am going crazy trying to think how and what I should do and this on top of my work that's gone really ballistic this year and the Tropa activities. After this year, I think I'm gonna go on a sabbatical, I tell yah!

Anyway, I disgress on my talk, so back to the wedding preparations, I'm always on wedding channel seeing the different gowns, not yet decided if I should order from back home or buy something ready-made? with a couturier or from a shop? champagne, ivory or white? with beads? chiffon or silk? WAAAAHHHH!!!

i just learned that i'm on the wait list on this venue that i've set my heart on so now i'm frantically looking for other alternatives. aie aie aie!!! i wanted bellevue-manila but since i might not get it, i'm trying vivere suites or the palms country club. i'm crossing my fingers so hard, i think i'm actually breaking it! :o)

then those ideas on the videos. my hubby got excited too so he was thinking of a music video where we are singing, with beaches on the background, edge of the world sights and horses. Yep, he was seriously thinking of that and I had to restrain myself coz i was telling him, we're no equestrians and I might end up with a black-eye on my wedding day! AARRGGGHHH!!!

But seriously, i'm not that excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home