a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

kite

yesterday, i watched some past episodes of Sharon's new show. there was one on mothers and daughters and the guests were Ruffa and Annabelle Rama, and Danica and Dina Bonnevie. It was very touching and emotional because they were talking about the relationship that they have with each other.

one particular part was very touching and true. they were asked what could the mothers say about raising a child. I would not be able to quote Dina but she said something like this.

Raising a child is like flying a kite. First you make the kite strong, stable and balanced. Once its ready you let got and let it fly and you watch from a distance but you maintain the string. That way, when you see the kite falling you tug it a bit to make it rise again. It was a beautiful and truthful insight. I wish I would be able to do the same for my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home