a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Thursday, May 04, 2006

inuman na, inuman na

this is one of my favorite mantra's. specially after coming home from work on a Friday. I usually make sure that there's some drink around and some chips, then we start with our karaoke sessions to let off some steam ... aahhh... the joys of life... singing your lungs out as the words start to be more meaningful after every glass finished... I am a certified lasinggera... my friends testify to that as they are always the first ones to offer me a drink... then a little later, they'd be the first to tease me coz I'd turn red as tomato, the drunker I get... but I don't mind the brand coz I enjoy drinking... this is the only bad habit I have...

before, when I was in Geneva, my drinking buddy and best friend, Silja and I would be in the bars at around 9 pm in the evening and we'll drink till around 11:30 pm. Being students and having no cars, we'll catch the bus then to the disco and when we're there, the dance floor is ours till 4 am. Afterwards we'll go to Corso where we'll have some breakfast and go down slowly to earth. By 5:30 am, the first bus home comes and by 6 am I am in bed... wahahaha... just as the birds are starting to sing from the trees. whatta life! those were the golden years for me... living the life of a carefree teenager... sobrang bloom ako!!! masyado kasi akong "manang" when I was younger... hehehe...

but much as I enjoy drinking, its not my life. this is what I'd like to explain to those who frown at drinking or if I'm allowing someone younger to drink. I think the most important part is letting them have some fun but also teach them responsible drinking. that is, making sure before you drink that you're in safe company and try to be aware at which point you are... tipsy, drunk, too drunk... and stop when you feel you're loosing control. For myself, I only enjoy drinking to the point of being tipsy but I always have my wits with me although its kinda hanging loose... nyehehe... tipsy is different from totally drunk... I specially don't like drinking and puking... I've had my share of toilet moments singing "TEQUILAAAAAA"

my current favorite drink is Xuxu, a mix of strawberry, dash of lemon, ice and vodka... slurp! sarap! I also dig caipirinha, which reminds me of Recife, Brazil... bwehehehe... I was a former fan of vodka orange and gin tonic... I also love red wine like Nederburg and Gallo, and a penchant for white wines for cheese coz they're sweet.

I drink coz I like having carefree moments, just being happy and naughty. I don't do it to escape problems and nor is it a necessity in my life... enjoying it but not lording it...

How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home