a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Friday, June 10, 2005

a mom's chronicle - the art of imitation


At 20 months, you have started becoming more assertive and even more aggressive... nagsisimula nang magka-sungay, sabi nga nila, and what can I say, you're approaching your "terrible-two" stage but babycenter assures me its normal so I take things in stride... you do so many amazing things that we never even teach you and we just find out you saw it on TV, which you love to watch.

It's amazing how you love The Incredibles as you try to imitate Dash and run from one corner of the house to the next banging yourself on the walls and not feel anything and laughing to your hearts content while my heart flutters and says "MY GOODNESS!!!" in silent scream.

Your daddy and I were laughing so hard when one time we were watching the movie Saturday Night Live with you and all of a sudden you started swaying and moving like John Travolta in his jazz-dance moves as if you yourself were a great dancer... and I wonder and ask myself, will you when you grow up?

How you made your Lolo chuckle with pleasure when you took your uncles boxing gloves and started boxing your hands together and boxing the person beside you playfully... and then we realized that you saw it from the endless viewing of your uncle of boxing matches in Eurosport...

You never cease to amaze us and then of course annoy us and then amaze us again with your antics... Making us aware that the little you is becoming a bigger person who needs space in our little world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home