a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

dear jay

Day by day I spend my time with you and I always marvel at our complicity together. You are always someone I can depend on and I am never afraid of saying the wrong things to you because you know me and you’d understand. I know that we have our own things to do these past few weeks and we have not really gone on a really formal date for a long time but despite all that I know that deep down our connection is never broken and somehow just the touch of your hands makes my day feel better. Sometimes I wonder if there would be a time when all of this will end as all of these things shall pass. How will I cope? What will I do? When even a day without you seem unbearable and abnormal. Ours is not a giddy love but a comfortable easy-does-it thing and sometimes I wonder if its the best kind of love there is. Then I think again and I realize that what is important is that it works for us. That we are happy. That we are together. That you complement my weakness and my strength and that I complement your weakness and your strength. That through family, through friends and through situations, we are one. That even if others don’t see this, we do see it reflected on ourselves. Is that presumptuous? Maybe but right now that is our reality and I just take that reality now than submerge my thoughts into imaginings.

You said the sweetest thing to me last night. That I gave you a wonderful son. You don’t know how that touches my soul and how that made my day and how it made up for all those times when being a Mom is so hard and frustrating. That there is someone like you who see who I really am and appreciate me as I am. Thank you my love. I know that whatever we have is a blessing and I will always cherish that gift. And I certainly wish that our love, our trust, our hope, our faith, our understanding and our friendship will last this lifetime.

Ich hab’ dich lieb bis zum Mond und zurück.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home