a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Thursday, March 31, 2005

health is wealth

and I must say we had some problems with our health the last few weeks. It must be the change in the seasons. My hubby and I were hit mid-March with a throat infection with streptococcia. No its not strepsils nor is it stroke, God forbid... hehehe... We were just listless and feeling wan. For my hubby that's a record coz he's the most resistant of us all. Ako mapawisan lang, then I have a cold agad or cough.

Well, to continue with my story, since both of us were at home, Aidan was always with us and naturally he also got it. Geez, talk about frustrations. So when we were slowly getting better, he was getting worse and the poor guy just sitting there without energy. Paul got better altogether but my case was different. Up until now I still have coughing bouts and its a real "kahol" I tell you. My eyes have started itching too and I sneeze quite often so I suspect that my hay fever thingy has started. I have a permanent itch right under my nose and its really embarassing when I have an itch attack and someone's in front of me... dyahe! It's really one of the places that can't be scratched in public so the moment I'm alone, I just scratch till I'm in heaven... whahaha...

Now Aidan, was not so lucky neither. From the infection we passed him, going through the antibiotics, he started having a stomach flu. And that really got me worried. Imagine that for 3 days he could not eat nor drink anything. Everything he takes in goes out either by spitting it or sh*tting it... I tell you, by the third day, boy, did he lose weight! And its such a weird sight because he's always so energetic and playful. And then of course there is always this fear that it would never stop, he'll never get better and then we're in deep trouble. Talk about reflections, man! And the whole time we just felt helpless... coz we can't do anything to cure him. The only thing we could do was comfort him and tell him he's going to be fine soon... and probably pray a little bit...

Then it was the sun after the rain, finally he was slowly drinking stuff and keeping it. The next day, he was eating something and he did not throw it up like he used to and I can't help but give this big **SIGH** and a little prayer... "Thanks Lord for making us feel better again!" By the time I got back from Rome*, he was like his old self and he even put on a bit of weight... He's talking his baby gibberish and running all over the place. And I just was thankful that our wealth of health is replenishing itself.

(*I went on a five-day trip to Rome for the Pope. Story coming soon! Uhm, next month like??? Hahaha! Hope not.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home