a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Musical Tag continues

There seem to be a bug going around the community I go to these past few weeks and everyone has a feature musical tag… I was not left spared so here goes… for justice:

RANDOM 10

1. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
This is a wonderful song for those people who’ve been down for a while due to other people’s unfair criticism. I like listening to this to strengthen my resolve and smile to them who has opened their trap without consideration and tell in their faces... I am beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring me down!

2. The Scientist - Coldplay
The scenario: Waking up in this hotel room where I’ve spent a month on mission away from my schatz, I would open the small TV and this song will always be featured at MTV Italy with its unusual video while I blow my hair dry. This song would always remind me of Rome. The ancient yet modern city of pasta and the leather shoes, the Colloseo, the Vatican, Testacio, Circo Maximo… **sigh**

3. Pizza Pie – Parokya ni Edgar
The first time I really listened to their first album KhangKhungKernitz, I found it hilarious specially the spiels in between and since then I’ve become a fan. It’s Pinoy rock at its best. Maybe I’d be lucky enough to catch them on a concert when in Pinas next time.

4. Sunrise – Norah Jones
Her first album was already great but I loved this song the most on the second album. Its melody is a bit more carefree and easy. Her voice is really soothing although I think the video could be better…

5. Dadalhin – Regine Velasquez
My all-time frustration as I mentioned during the GAP stories are songs of Regine Velasquez, the birit queen. Really, I’d be so frustrated! But with my magic mic, I put down the melody 2 notes lower, tried it out and my husband’s verdict? Schatz! Easy ka lang… mahina kalaban! WAAAAAHHHH!

6. My Immortal - Evanescence
I sometimes like rock music and this one is a really great one. I love the voice of Amy Lee and the combination of pure voice then bashing electric guitar and drums! Its perfect for those times when you just feel this huge emotion on your chest and you just need to jump and head bang singing with their song.

7. White Flag - Dido
Since I’ve bought the soundtrack of Sliding Doors starring Gwyneth Paltrow, I’ve discovered Dido with her song Thank You and become a fan. I really like soothing but emotion-filled songs and this one is so catching, you just sing the song out of the blue moon. I also liked the video with David Boreanaz (Angel). Reminds of me of the feeling I had when I was younger and I use to moon and cast quick glances at a crush… kilig!

8. Uninvited – Alanis Morissette
I love the soundtrack of City of Angels and this song is so touching and religious as well, it’s kinda close to my heart. Again it talks of prejudice, which is a very relevant issue on people’s lives.

9. Pare Ko - Eraserheads
I would not know Paglisan if I was not listening closely to the songs of this epoch including the group of Eraserheads, then headed by Ely Buendia. It’s a classic to my generation. I could be with someone with more or less the same age bracket, whom I haven’t been around for long but we hit this song on a magic mic and everyone is singing. O Diyos ko! Ano ba naman ito? Diba lang hiya! Nagmukha akong tanga! Pinaasa nya lang ako ! Lecheng pag-ibig to!

10. Trouble - Pink
I love Pink’s songs specially the latter ones. I find her cool although she’s out of the scene for a while now. I like the video with the girl power and all!

As you might gather from all these choices, you can see that I like soft music as well as rocky ones. I guess that’s how I really am because I could be really sweet to someone but watch out for that temper lying deep.

* * * * *

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
39. Uy marami yon considering sa office ito noh! Hehehe. I grabbed these songs from my CD and put the mp3 files on my computer at work so no music pirating here ok!

2. The last CD you bought is:
Destiny fulfilled by Destiny’s Child because I was curious to how they would blend again after that long separation. The CD is great although listening to just one type of voice for a while becomes tiring. I usually audiograb it from the CD and mix it with the other songs. Para di boring!

3. What is the last song you listened to before this message:
Geez! So many because I’ve been seeing this message many times and frankly I don’t remember the first time… so I’ll just settle to what song was I listening to after I finished this entry…

4. Write down five songs you listen to a lot or mean a lot to you:
a. Runaway – The Corrs
5 years ago, while P. and I were still in this honeymoon stage, I just started singing this song to him… Close the door, lay down upon the floor, and by candlelight, make love to me through the night… get the picture?!?

b. But I do love you – LeAnn Rimes
The first time I heard this song was in the movie Coyote Ugly where the girl was singing it to her new found boyfriend in the dark because she could not sing in public and wanted to pretend that she’s alone. It was ssssoooo romantic and Adam Garcia was such a hunk! Yummy! Whoops! Hope my hubby doesn’t see this entry... hahaha...

c. Langit na Naman – Barbie’s Cradle
One of the things I do is surf on the Internet a lot before I had a blog and I stumbled upon Philmusic web site. In one of the articles, they featured an interview with the group Barbie’s Cradle with Barbie Almabis (formerly of the now defunct group Hungry Young Poets) as the lead singer and three songs from their album: The Dance, Tabing-Ilog and Goodnyt. Great songs! So I got the album “Songs from the Buffet Table” and discovered this original song from the Hotdogs and became an all-time favorite dedicated to my one and only...

d. Angel – Sarah McLachlan
This is a very haunting song that always touches me. It could be the melody or it could be the message. Of finding solace in times of trouble and loneliness and finding it in God’s presence. Very near my heart this message.

e. Je serai là – Teri Moise
This is one of the few french songs I’ve memorized first because of the melody but finally because of the message. It is a perfect song of a mother to her child. Translated: I will be there. And the chorus is oh so perfect:

J’ai découvert qui je suis. Tout a changé le jour où je t’ai donné la vie. Et si jamais le monde t’es trop cruel. Je serai là toujours pour toi.

I discovered who I am. Everything changed the day I gave life to you. And if the world is too cruel to you, I will be there always for you.

5. Who are you gonna pass this stick to? (3 persons and why)
I think all of them has been tagged already so can I just pass it on to justice again. But I’ll include ays ays bebe and matapoor out of curiosity also and wala na akong maisip na iba eh! Waaah! Peace ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home