a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Monday, November 08, 2004

A Mom’s chronicles – first scar-potential scratch

No matter how one looks after a child, when they are at an early age of discovery, a parent cannot avoid bumps and bruises. I can’t count the times that Aidan fell down and at the beginning I would sort of freak out. But I remarked that he is more disturbed by my cry of distress than the pain of falling of down. So I invented this silent cry! The person in front of me would know this coz my eyes would just bulge bigger than usual (yup that’s possible) and stifle my cry… Then I learned to recognize the cry of pain and the cry of real pain… then just recently, the cry of someone just asking attention… its amazing… I really learn something almost everyday…

But my point right now is this cry of real pain… It’s a shriek rather than a cry and when I heard this last Monday, I knew something was wrong and sure enough he had a gash on the forehead and there was BLOOD! I was almost in panic and was pressuring my husband, who was looking after him, what happened. I could see he felt really guilty but as he explained to me later, Aidan was just doing his normal stint of running around and then falling but this time he hit his head on a floor edge. Of course we ran to the hospital and I was afraid he would get a stitch. Apparently they don’t do this anymore and they just have some sort of adhesive to pull the skin together and heal then there would just be a small scar and not an ugly one such as that of a stitched-one. Then when we were getting in the car, Aidan uttered: “Takit!” in his cute baby voice and we just bursted out laughing, the tension broke and we started teasing him… “Takit ba baby?” Anyway, he did not have any other problems and he’s back to his malikot-self so all’s well that ends well… until the next incident!

6 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Hi karampot!

I, too, have an ongoing love affair with my kids, who are the main characters in most of my blogs!

It's good you were able to teach your baby Tagalog at an early age. Lorenzo and I try, but we inadvertently end up speaking to them in English.

Hope your little one's better!

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Jet said...

Hay naku, ako din ganyan sa mga pamangkin ko. Sabi nga ng mga sisters ko, naiiyak daw ang mga bata hindi dahil nasaktan kundi dahil nagulat... hehehe!

Glad Aidan is ok now. Really interesting reads you got here. Nice, karampot!

12:52 PM

 
Blogger karampot said...

Hi Renee, yes he's better and the scar is slowly healing. You can see his plaster from the photos in Paris (http://photos.yahoo.com/jang_75). We do try to speak to him in Tagalog because he won't have any other opportunities to do so although we do mix the languages sometimes too. Sobrang Pinoy noh. Take advantage of those lovely times with your daughter and kiss her again for me one more time. She's soooo cute!

5:07 PM

 
Blogger karampot said...

Hi Matapoor, yup somebody told me that once a parent your life would never be the same again. I'm really preparing myself to those times you're mentioning and just hope and pray to the heavens that he's a strong person.

Danke viel mals.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger karampot said...

Hi Jet, thanks for dropping by. Hey, I'm flattered from the compliment. For somebody who writes as well as you that's really something. I really love your short stories.

Oo nga, sometimes its because of the scream that they cry kaya nga I try to subdue that reaction. Pero minsan pag nanay ang hirap. Regards to your pamangkin.

5:10 PM

 
Blogger karampot said...

hey justice, oo nga ganon na talaga. we as mother's try to be brave for them para they'll get the same attitude. I guess there's really a lot to learn when you're a parent. kisses kay C3, he's such a cutie...

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home