a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

a mom's chronicles - terrible too

by this time, you've grown taller and round. You like giving kisses and hugging people around you but you've also developed "choices" and can be quite "annoying" about it. You're running around the house all day, tipping boxes, opening drawers and cabinet and throwing all the things out. These days I wish I was a witch and I can just magic everything back in their place in a flick of a wand. You've added "guck mal" (look!) in your vocabulary but still have to develop sentences. here are some of your stories:

one day, your uncle was cooking something in the kitchen and you were at his room playing with your toys. then all of a sudden, he heard a loud crash, you letting out a loud cry, and he rushed to the room with bated breath... no, you were not hurt, just scared coz you just tipped the tall drawer with the TV and DVD player on top trying to reach something while you were standing on a bench you pulled at the side for that purpose... your uncle, I must say, almost had a heart attack and the DVD is kaputt.

after decorating the living room for Christmas, you rushed to the door and closed it with a bang behind you. I was busy tidying up the bedroom when I felt internal "warning bells" on this behavior and I quickly went to see what you were up to. Sure enough, you were being naughty coz the lower part of the Christmas Tree has no balls anymore as they were strewn all over the floor. What's worse, you know you did something wrong coz you immediately pointed your stubby finger at me saying "Nein, nein, nein!" and ran trying to avoid me. At that point, I didn't know if I should laugh at your antics or really give you a smack-bottom! I opted for kurot (pinch) which has become more effective than spanking.

you took a glass of water and as I saw you drinking, I said to myself "Hey, great! He appreciates it now", until you started blowing bubbles and I had to change your shirt coz it was all wet... and then your annoying habit of always pulling me to the kitchen asking me to give you something but as yet, you don't know what and keep pointing randomly. AAARRRHHHH!!!

the past few weeks witnessed to you waking up early mornings (between 2 to 4 a.m.) crying and the only way to make you go back to sleep was to carry you and sing a lullaby. I was reminiscing the days when I had to do that when you were but a couple of months old. but yesterday was different. you woke up at 2:00 a.m. crying unconsolably, went to the bathroom and insisted on having a bath that instant. I tried scolding you, I tried coaxing you back to bed but you refused and cried so loudly, I was afraid all the neighbours in the building would wake up. So feeling perplexed, I ran the bath for you where you wallowed for about 10 minutes, while I looked on silently asking myself why are you doing this, then finally I had the courage to ask you softly if you've finished and ready to go back to bed. Thank God you did and was really sweet after that. I think I finally slept at 4:00 a.m. still lost in thought.

But then you have your sweet little ways of greeting me gleefully when I come from work. you bringing me my slippers while I remove my shoes. your constant hugs and kisses whenever I'm near. your exclamations of "wow!" when you see something pretty. and blowing me kisses when I'm off to work...

All these makes you terrible... terribly monstrous and terribly divine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home