a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Monday, January 26, 2009

a New Year, a new thought

A new year always heralds resolutions and change in our lives. It is a chance to promise ourselves once more that this time we will make something from a failure or achieving something we have not in the past year. Or it is also a chance to leave behind bad experiences and decisions and start afresh.

The past year has been challenging for me in all levels. There were social activities we have, our jobs, the family, in particular the kids, a new house and all the acrobatics we had to do to finish what we need to and cope with the situations we were in.

This year seem a little better because we are finally moving to the new house, a new adventure. The future is still unsure but then when has it ever been sure, right? So we take it on a stride.

On a personal level, I feel a certain change in me. I do not feel as optimistic as I used to and I came to realize that I have become a grouch in a way. Most of the time at work, I have become too immersed in my own world and I've neglected some aspects of it consequently. I also feel like I'm on a rut career-wise and I can't seem to get out of it. Patience was not a reality for me anymore and for the first time, I really feel restless and unhappy. I am hearing myself talking about change which I have never heard from my deeper self before. Is this the time to move on? Would destiny allow me the change? Do I have the courage and the strength to do this change?

I am seeking guidance and looking for a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home