a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

growing up

You are in your third-day of kindergarden. And I felt something was missing in my routine. I was not seeing you anymore during lunch time coz you're spending almost the whole day in school. I was missing you again even if we are seeing each other every night. Once again, you've grown without us noticing it and we have to adjust to a new you. I don't have a baby anymore. I feel like sooner or later, you would be sleeping over at friends houses and that I'll see less of you and I can't help but feel some regret coz it was like I have you but I don't. Now I realize why parents always feel nostalgic about their children. Its because the passage of time is so fast and before we know it, you guys have grown and left the nest. That it was only yesterday when I was carrying you down the stairs and now you're tall enough to hold the banister and go down the stairs yourself. I keep looking at you and asking "Who is this little person?". You leave me in amazement and wonder, every single time. And I always find myself adjusting to this new you and learning the ropes of being a parent. Keep strong my babyling, stay as affectionate as you are and know that you'll always be my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home